Acif Koge – Shiro
Call for price
Creative Tile’s Koge is an interpretation of Shou Sugi Ban, the centuries-old Japanese method of working cedar wood by burning the surface which gives it a distinctive crackle look. The Kuro is the typical black color of the scorched cedar. The Shiro is its white partner. The Gurè is the wood after the scorched surface has been brushed off to reveal the wood grain underneath tinted grey by the ash which highlights its striations. Great attention has been paid to the surface texture, especially the craquele effect on the Kuro and Shiro, so the series has an interesting tactile element. The final effect is a look and feel of refined elegance.
The Surface Bullnose is made from field tile that is cut, ground and then reglazed.
Most Italian manufacturers recommend a maximum offset of 8” (20cm) on all large format tiles when setting a running bond. Please refer to ANSI requirements for setting large format tiles, ANSI A 108.2 Section 4.3.8. There are special setting requirements and materials for large format tiles. Please refer to the TCNA Handbook and guidelines by your mortar manufacturer for more information. The minimum recommended grout joint for the 4 x 12 is 3/32”.
We recommend using a tile leveling system to install this product
Before installing the tile you should:
• Ensure the perfect planarity (flatness) of underlying floor base.
• Always double-check the quality of the tiles.
• When setting, tile should be only slightly staggered so that the ends of the tiles are within 8” or less from the ends of the corresponding staggered tile. (See figure 1)
• Staggered spacing does not need to be uniform, but should not exceed 8” recommendation.
• It is preferable to use a grouting material that matches the color of the tiles.
As with all inkjet lines, there are many different graphics that are mixed and packed randomly. To attain the proper mix of graphics and color it is important to pull from multiple boxes during installation, rotate pieces, and note the placement of the different images to get the proper final blend.Koge is suitable for residential to moderate commercial applications